The Community Language collection is designed to meet the needs of people wishing to read a language other than English. This collection includes fiction and non-fiction material for adults and children.
If you can’t find the language you’re looking for, please let the Library staff know as the library has access to books in approximately 45 languages through the State Library.
A small quantity of large print and taped books is available in a few languages. Picture books are also available in bilingual format in a number of languages such as Spanish and Japanese.
This collection contains resources for English speakers and for those learning English as a second language. It includes:
- teaching theory and practice books
- student workbooks on grammar, spelling and comprehension
- audio book kits
- People Learn Productions kits (books with accompanying audio books at slow speed narration)
- novels, short stories, poems and plays at graded reading levels
- videos such as the ‘English have a go’ series