Health & Wellness NextReads Newsletter
Subscribe to this newsletter here.
- Health and Wellness provides access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia and much more. Look here for information on a diverse range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternativemedical practices.
- ABC Health & Wellbeing
- This ABC site provides access to informative and up-to-date articles on various health and wellbeing topics.
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Aims to inform practice and policy in Indigenous health by making research and other knowledge readily accessible.
- Australian Institute of Family Studies
- A governmental statutory agency. Their role is to conduct research and communicate findings that affect family wellbeing.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- AIHW is a major national governmental agency that provides reliable, regular and relevant information and statistics on Australia’s health and welfare.
- Better Health Channel
- Provides easy-to-understand information on conditions and treatments, healthy living, relationships and family and relevant services and support.
- Beyond Blue
- National, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related disorders in Australia.
- Cancer Council Queensland
- The Queensland Cancer Council aims to provide the best possible prospects of preventing, detecting, effectively treating and surviving a cancer diagnosis. Their website provides useful information and resources regarding cancer as well as support services.
- Cochrane Library
- The Cochrane Library is a regularly updated research collection that focuses on the effectiveness and appropriateness of various health care treatments and interventions. It contains information relevant to clinicians, researchers and consumers.
- Department of Health and Ageing
- Aims to promote better health and active ageing for all Australians.
- Diabetes Queensland
- Diabetes Queensland is committed to turning diabetes around through awareness, prevention, detection, management and a cure.
- This site provides a wide range of up-to-date and quality assessed information on important health topics such as diabetes, cancer, mental health and asthma.
- Heart Foundation
- The Heart Foundation is dedicated to reducing the impact of cardiovascular disease in Australia. It aims to provide the very best heart health information to Australians.
- Medline plus Health Information
- This site provides access to medical journal articles, has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and the latest health news.
- Merck Manual of Medical Information
- The Merck Manual explains disorders, who is likely to get them, their symptoms, how they’re diagnosed, how they might be prevented, and how they can be treated.
- Multicultural Health
- This Queensland Government multicultural health website provides relevant information for health workers and the public. There are also links to multicultural policies, plans and strategies, interpreting and translating services and external web sites.
- Raising Children Network
- An Australian web site devoted to resources for parenting newborns to teens. Supported by the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.
- Swap it, Don’t Stop It
- Swap It is a government campaign promoting simple, everyday changes people can make towards adopting a healthier lifestyle without giving up the things they love.
- World Health Organization
- WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. This link leads to the Australian portion of the WHO website.
To search the library catalogue try these Keywords:
|Breast — Cancer||616.994|
|Exercise and Physical Fitness||613.7, 613.71|
|Heart — Diseases — Prevention||616.12|
— Popular works
|Prostate — Cancer||616.65, 616.99463|
|Stress management||155.6718, 155.9042|