Reminder: RSVP Countdown
Lucky ticket holders to the Cocktail Hour with Samuel Johnson only have until 11.59 pm Monday 16 April to RSVP. Check your inboxes now!
Any unclaimed tickets will be redrawn from the original registration list on Tuesday, 17 April. Second round notifications will be sent Wednesday, 18 April.
Cocktail Hour is a premium event free to Ipswich Libraries members (+1 guest). Cocktail Hour is where we share inspirational stories that challenge our preconceptions of the world and celebrate the achievements or a range of diverse speakers.
Ipswich Libraries are proud announce that our next ‘Cocktail Hour’ guest speaker is…
Multi-award winning actor, author and advocate
This is a FREE event
Registration for entry into a random ticket draw will open at 9.00 am on Monday, 2 April and close 11.59 pm Sunday, 8 April 2018.
Names will be drawn at random on Monday, 9 April 2018 and successful ticket holders will be notified on Wednesday, 11 April 2018.
Samuel is an award winning actor, author and advocate. From The Secret Life of Us to his incredible leading role performance in Molly, Samuel Johnson is one of Australia’s most popular and respected television personalities. He has received AFI and AACTA awards for leading role performances and he won the Gold Logie for Most Popular Personality on Television in 2017.
Samuel established the charity Love My Sister, with his late sister Connie, and raised $1.75 million by riding a unicycle around Australia. His autobiography of the same name is a unique and unforgettable story of love. He was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia for his inspirational advocacy and determination to “kick cancer to the kerb”. Samuel was appointed the 2018 Victorian Australian of the Year.
This event will be Auslan Interpreted.
Friday, 27 April 2018
Ipswich Central Library
Ipswich Libraries Membership
If you’re not a current member, please join online or in person at any branch (Ipswich Central, Redbank Plains, Redbank Plaza or our Mobile Library Service).
On The Night
Don’t forget: bring your printed or e-copy ticket to show at the door. One ticket per person is required for entry.
Please call the Ipswich Library on (07) 3810 7155.
Cocktail Hour Ticket Draw
Due to the popularity of the Cocktail Hour event, and in response to customer feedback, Ipswich Libraries has reviewed the current ticket registration process to improve the experience for customers when registering for these types of events in the future.
Ipswich Libraries will trial an open registration and random ticket draw for the next Cocktail Hour event. An open registration period of one week will provide members with plenty of time to register online, in person or over the phone ensuring that everyone has an equal chance of securing tickets no matter how they choose to register for the event. After registration has closed, the draw will be conducted and tickets allocated with a maximum of two tickets per registration.
How to register for the next Cocktail Hour:
- Registrations will open at 9.00 am on Monday, 2 April and close at 11.59 pm Sunday, 8 April 2018. You will be able to register online, in person or by phone anytime during this period. (Please note in person and phone registrations will be available only during Library business hours).
- Registration is open to library members 18 years and over.
- Names will be drawn at random on Monday, 9 April 2018 and assigned tickets as requested in their registration.
- Ticket holders will be notified on Wednesday, 11 April 2018.
- The draw will be open to library members 18 years and over only allowing plenty of time for non-members to join and place a registration for the event.
- Each successful member will be eligible for a maximum of two tickets to the Cocktail Hour event (one member plus one guest). If you are not a current member of Ipswich Libraries, registration must be processed prior to the draw being held.
- Customers can register online or at their nearest branch.
- Registration does not guarantee a ticket
We welcome your feedback.