Notice Update : 22 March 2018
We have upgraded our online catalogue Our new simplified search tool is available now.
If you require assistance, please call our Ipswich Central Branch on (07) 3810-6815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice Update : 7 March 2018
In the next few weeks Ipswich Libraries will be updating the software which helps us loan our collection of over a hundred thousand items and manage our tens of thousands of users.
These upgrades are needed in order to ensure we can continue to deliver a service that meets the needs of our growing community.
Our upgrades are expected to be completed for the end of April/early May 2018.
Features of the new catalogue include:
- Full integration with EBSCOhost databases, to allow better searching across the library’s database collection.
- Real-time catalogue interaction. The previous system was unable to provide a completely up-to-the-second match with our collection, our new system will synchronise our loans with our items.
- Mobile optimisation. We realise that many of our users are only accessing our services on mobile devices, so the new catalogue is developed to work responsively on whatever device you choose to use.
- More powerful search options. Our new catalogue will allow you to interrogate our collection to incredible degrees, delivering a full suite of advanced search tools.
- Better eResources integration. Browse our massive collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines all through the one search engine.
Rolling out this upgrade will include changes to how our online catalogue looks and works. During the next few weeks you might notice some alteration to how the catalogue appears and how you access your account.
Please note that if you do regularly use the catalogue we have some important news. As of Monday the 19th of March you will no longer be able to access the “Shelves” and “Lists” features in your account.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we are unable to migrate the contents of these lists in the new system.
If you would like to retain any of the information that was formerly kept in the old system, such as titles you’ve added to “For Later”, “Completed” and “In Progress” we strongly recommend logging in and copying out any information that you think you’d like to retain going forward.
After the 19th of March your “Lists” and “Shelves” information will no longer be available, however you will be able to create new lists in the upgraded online catalogue in a few weeks’ time.
Please check back here to keep up with any further updates to our online catalogue.
If you’d like any further information, please contact us.